POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 4 ideology proposal : Re: POV 4 ideology proposal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:27:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 4 ideology proposal
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 13 Apr 1999 16:24:16
Message: <371399e0.0@news.povray.org>
Ron Parker wrote in message <37138cb5.0@news.povray.org>...

>Even if POV were completely object-oriented internally (which it will
>be, someday) non-linear transformations (and other displacements) would
>still require substantial modifications.  You still have to modify every
>object, whether they're real "objects" or just the simulated "objects"
>they are now.

OO wasn't exactly what I was talking about here. More along the lines of the
modular design concept. While I am by no means familiar with the
technicalities, I am under the impression that integrating new features
(processes, objects etc.) is more difficult than it need be. You tell me,
you know better.

Margus