POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Posters : Re: Posters Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Posters
From: Lance Birch
Date: 13 Apr 1999 03:50:04
Message: <3712e91c.0@news.povray.org>
Printing images has always been hard!

Obviously your resolution will have to be good enough for the output (should
match it).  As to what you can do with it, one of the best things I've seen
is Fiery XL prints... quick, inexpensive and look great!  If you want
something that will last longer the next best thing is IRIS, which is more
expensive... If you want REALLY expensive, you can get it image set and if
you can get a person that can do negitive full color image sets on the same
film (not channel split) then you can get direct exposures onto photographic
paper done...  Look supperb!!!  And the color never fades!

Of course that's the expensive way out as I said... so shop around and see
what your local printer/service bureau can do for you.

Also another note, it may be best to convert (or if you can do it) render to
CMYK... that way you're assured that the output will match the image on
screen.

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/parallax/359/colorblind