POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 4 ideology proposal : Re: POV 4 ideology proposal Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:31:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 4 ideology proposal
From: Lance Birch
Date: 13 Apr 1999 00:29:54
Message: <3712ba32.0@news.povray.org>
Maya, well, it's good... not the BEST, but as good as you'll get in that
price range...

It has an extremely advanced, automated and fast character animation system
and also very advanced NURBS modelling techniques... Inverse Kinematics,
Dynamics system... It has soft-body animation too, so you can get really
realistic characters... It's particle systems are HIGHLY advanced, they can
model water, liquids, interparticle reaction, fire, smoke etc... It is also
built to run on SGI, and generally software designed for SGI is more
expensive inherently because it takes longer to develop for such a platform
(to take advantage of the G-Pipelines and advance graphics acceleration).

There are more expensive programs of course, I'm just speaking of a
particular range here...

Basically it's the top of the high-end graphics range, then there is like
the
"ultra-expensive-we-designed-this-for-ourselves-because-we-have-millions"
range... Like Pixar and ILM :-)

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/parallax/359/colorblind