POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Want some input on this castle : Re: Want some input on this castle Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:12:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Want some input on this castle
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 13 Apr 1999 02:06:17
Message: <3712D09C.83A2F3E2@aol.com>
That's some quickly learned POVing there.
The castle is pretty good. Some type of roof tile, stone wall bump
mapping or normal would do this better.
Your PNG is at what I consider the limit for posting at this newsgroup,
you no doubt didn't see the talk of image file format/size preferences
here earlier in the year.
To sum up my thoughts: png of 800x600 final render (meaning possibly
good as it gets image for this newsgroup anyway), 640x480 (resolution
but number of pixels really) for a preview of a good finished image too.
Then jpg (jpeg) of all the 800x600 plus images (whether final or not),
640x480 and less all others. 320x240 being considered preview/example
images, though I would even go to 160x120.
This are just my ideas on it, not the majority opinion although I'm
probably close to that anyway.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe