POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : TN (Total Newbie) q's to try your patience :) : Re: TN (Total Newbie) q's to try your patience :) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TN (Total Newbie) q's to try your patience :)
From: Dan
Date: 12 Apr 1999 20:17:00
Message: <37127EEB.90C4E325@earthlink.net>
Maleko wrote:

> > > 3.  I've run into a strange "quirk" (I won't call it a bug yet) in
> > > Moray.  Sometimes when I use 3dwin to import a 3ds file (going from 3ds
> > > to udo), and I "create" a udo object, I can't find it!  I've tried to
> > > scale up/down, translate, and it still remains invisible!
> >
> > I think the problem might be that you are importing a HUGE number of
> > elements, and it can't cope with that- if this is the problem, look near
> > bottom of the screen. You should see an indicator with a number in front
> of
> > it, and the letter V or E after it. If one of these indicators is red,
> moray
> > can't display such a complex object....I have no idea about how to work
> > around it...anyone know?
>
> go to "view" "configuration" "advanced" tab and raise the amount of memory
> used for vertices and edges then save and restart Moray.

Tried that...no joy, unfortunately.  I think it may have to do with the scaling
of the object.  When I import 3ds into SoftFx, it usually has to multiply the
object size by a factor of 100.  When I import the converted SoftFx object into
Moray, it's still usually very small, so it needs to be scaled by at least
10...and no, importing directly into Moray and scaling by 1000 doesn't seem to
work either...

Dan