POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Afternoon - an excercise in pure POV (~105K) : Afternoon - an excercise in pure POV (~105K) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  Afternoon - an excercise in pure POV (~105K)
From: Abe
Date: 12 Apr 1999 18:32:14
Message: <37126661.8F00BA06@atmos.albany.edu>
I don't mean to be condescending towards patches, external modellers etc, but
I had the itch to try writing a scene of this nature entirely in POV3.1(the
official version).

Grass, texture maps, atmosphere are all done in POV. Please pardon the lack of
anti-aliasing, the grainy media and the repititious form of the grass blades,
but I had to make some comprimises since memory and render times (15 hrs) were
killing me.

You are welcome to offer any criticisms, comments or suggestions (though I
probably won't act on the last since I plan to call this project done for now
and put it aside - it's wasted to much of my time already! :)

Abe

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'terrain.jpg' (103 KB)