POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Updated electric guitar : Re: Updated electric guitar Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Updated electric guitar
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 12 Apr 1999 15:57:47
Message: <37124203.EC5706BF@compuserve.com>
Mikael Carneholm wrote :
> I would never play this guitar, for three reasons:
>
> - It's a 21 fret neck. (I hate to bend a minor 3:rd to reach that > high E
> when soloing over a E minor progression)

21 frets, like my Strat 57 reissue; there's much fine music to play
between fret 1 and 21, you know...
(and about that E, just use harmonics...)

> - The cut-away is made on the wrong side for a right-handed player (i.e,
> me.). Makes it even harder to reach that high E.

Makes it easier to reach the lower strings with the thumb.  Anyway,
there is fine music to play between frets 1 and 17...

> - No humbuckers. I can live with single-coil, but only if they are Seymor
> Duncan pickups (or EMG) with high output. Just to let you know.

Ever heard about _stacked_ humbuckers ?  They looks (and mount)
the same as single coils, and avoid the _ugly_ appearance of
these big humbuckers...

Cheers,
Fabien.