POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Translucency demonstration (97 K) : Re: Translucency demonstration (97 K) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 13:11:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Translucency demonstration (97 K)
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 12 Apr 1999 08:28:00
Message: <3711d8c0.0@news.povray.org>
The render time was about 15 minutes, at AA 0.1
This image made me wish for the good ole' days of the halo, which was faster
and less noisy. But both halos and the method you describe have one
shortcoming - inflexibility. With media, I can apply a density pattern and
achieve VERY interesting results.

For my next trick, I may indeed produce a candle.

Margus