POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Wishlist for Anim plugin : Re: Wishlist for Anim plugin Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wishlist for Anim plugin
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 12 Apr 1999 08:34:20
Message: <3711DA78.52671AB9@mitre.org>
Cristian Ramirez wrote:

> Before rendering to an .AVI file, I play with the animation slider to
> get an idea on how will be the final result. I think it would be great a
> "PLAY" button that moves the slider smoothly.
>
> Thanks for your time, Xander.

I assume you mean something other than just holding down the right arrow
key.

Lutz brought up almost the exact same thing.  I'm thinking that one way
to do it would be to keep track of a timer and update all the objects on
a regular basis.

Would it be best to match the update rate to the selected frame rate of
the animation?  Clearly there will be dropouts for complex scenes, but
you would get a general idea of how it looks (Moray does a pretty good
job of drawing lines in random order, giving a feel for where everything
is located).

Xander