POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : how to animate Bezier patches? : Re: how to animate Bezier patches? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to animate Bezier patches?
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 12 Apr 1999 08:30:21
Message: <3711D989.9C399E51@mitre.org>
Nathan Zwalsh wrote:

> i've been using the anim plugin for a couple of days and can't seem too
> animate Bezier patches or the other spline based objects like rotate
> sweeps and trans. sweeps. I would like to change the shape of the patch
> it self rather than just scale, rotate, and translate it. But overall
> i'm very happy with this plugin, is the source code available?

Sorry, the source isn't available.  I'm not totally decided about the
whole source, freeware, shareware thing.  It depends on my real job -
the less time I have to work on the plugin, the more likely I am to
release the source in the future.  I'm pretty well decided that I'm not
going to release the source for the renderer (again, it depends).

The next beta of the plugin will support animating the object specific
parts of all the standard Moray objects (like inner radius of a disc,
Bezier control points), with the possible exception of the sweeps.

There were quite a few things that had to be done to make that work, and
there's some flickering as you move the slider that wasn't there
before.  As Lutz is made aware of these plugin sorts of issues, he is
working to make some changes for the next version of Moray.  [However,
I'm going to keep releasing betas of my plugin.]

Xander

P.S. Feel free to ask for specific features.  The way I figure it is
that the stuff that people are motivated to ask for are probably the
ones that ought to get done first.  [Within reason.]