POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Translucency demonstration (97 K) : Re: Translucency demonstration (97 K) - CANDLE.jpg Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:13:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Translucency demonstration (97 K) - CANDLE.jpg
From: Peter Popov
Date: 12 Apr 1999 03:13:14
Message: <37118e4f.1961160@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:14:37 +1000, "Lance Birch"
<lan### [at] usanet> wrote:

>Well, the main thing I was looking at was the light fading in the candle...
>(downwards)
>
>You know how when you light a candle the top part is a lot lighter than the
>base (and I don't mean the flame there either ;-) he he he
>
>Also, the top part of the candle should be shinnier than the bottom (because
>the wax is heated and takes on a shiny appearance).
>
>Just a thought...

Do you like this implementation, Lance? This is part of my May-June
1997 entry, re-rendered in 3.1 (no halo). Check the IRTC archive, I've
posted source too (indented and commented :) ). HTH.

---------
Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700

Post a reply to this message