POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : TN (Total Newbie) q's to try your patience :) : TN (Total Newbie) q's to try your patience :) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:15:34 EDT (-0400)
  TN (Total Newbie) q's to try your patience :)
From: Dan
Date: 11 Apr 1999 22:11:02
Message: <37114816.ACB3C245@earthlink.net>
Hi,

I have some questions about the whole Moray/Povray thing that I hope
some of you will answer, once being newbies yourselves....

1.  I would like to be able to use some .gif files instead of the
textures, because I think they look better (wood, for example).  Problem
is, I'm trying to figure out a way to "stretch" the image to cover the
object, much like can be done with SoftFx.  Is this possible with Moray?

2.  I would like to be able to see an enlarged image of the wireframes
I'm manipulating, without having to enlarge the wireframes themselves
(like "zooming in."  Is *that* possible?

3.  I've run into a strange "quirk" (I won't call it a bug yet) in
Moray.  Sometimes when I use 3dwin to import a 3ds file (going from 3ds
to udo), and I "create" a udo object, I can't find it!  I've tried to
scale up/down, translate, and it still remains invisible!  When I
convert the 3ds file to something else (like SoftFx's .sce), and then
import that into Moray, I can easily see it and scale it as necessary.
Is there any way I can avoid this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Dan