POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not always the same render results?? : Re: Not always the same render results?? <<<----- WAIT A SECOND THERE!!! Server Time
4 Oct 2024 13:08:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not always the same render results?? <<<----- WAIT A SECOND THERE!!!
From: Steve
Date: 11 Apr 1999 19:50:55
Message: <37112629.DB20BBBA@ndirect.co.uk>
Yip

In you go out of Windoze and go back in probably you've cleared
the registers.

Lance's post made me think of something.  The images we saw in
your post were grey, I don't know how many decimal places the RGB
settings were using, maybe depending on certain things (such as
memory usage), it only rounds up or down to a certain distance.
You or I couldn't tell the difference between 0.989877754142 and
0.989877754141 could we, so maybe in certain circumstances it
rounds down or up closer to the decimal point.

I'm not sure about any of this, havn't tested any of it, it's
just an idea that someone with more time might want to look into.

Cheers
Steve