POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Revenge of the Gelly Fish : Re: Revenge of the Gelly Fish Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:13:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Revenge of the Gelly Fish
From: Steven Pigeon
Date: 11 Apr 1999 18:38:46
Message: <371115AD.C6D74DEB@iro.umontreal.ca>
ingo wrote:

> Steven Pigeon heeft geschreven in bericht:
>
> >No, I think it's more of a MEDIA artefact. Spent 10 hrs rendering ona p2
> 333mhz
> >pc (with lots of memory) but I haven't found any really
> >good parameters for what I wanted.
>
> Just an idea, didn't try it. Could you put the whole scene in a big
> transparent box and the camera just outside? Contained media is faster and
> look better.
> Nice fish.

The scene is contained into a sphere, with the camera inside it.

The fishes were quite fun to model. It's all programming, though, no
modeling...

> ingo
> --
> Met dank aan de muze met het glazen oog.

Surement....?
Best,

    S.

Steven Pigeon                     Ph. D. Student.
University of Montreal.
pig### [at] iroumontrealca           Topics: data compression,
pig### [at] jspumontrealca          signal processing,
ste### [at] researchattcom           non stationnary signals
                                  and wavelets.
         http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pigeon