POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not always the same render results?? : Re: Not always the same render results?? Server Time
4 Oct 2024 13:09:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not always the same render results??
From: Julius Klatte
Date: 11 Apr 1999 10:52:05
Message: <3710a905.0@news.povray.org>
+AD4-We know nothing about the size of the whole image, the
object
+AD4-count, are you using atmosphere, I'm sure that has some
random
+AD4-factor, media too.
+AD4-
+AD4-I'd be tempted to look at the code.

I could post the code, but I don't think it would make much
sense. There was no media or atmosphere. At the first render
there were lots of objects in the scene, but I commented all
but one out when I started to look at the tiny details (to
spare some time).

I still think it's just the anti-aliasing. Does any of the
programmers around here know if POV uses a random function
for AA?
I'm going to have another look at the no-AA renders. Maybe
there was no difference after all.. (that would mean no
gremlins either).

It's really an 'academic' problem, for the differences
between the images are invisible... but I'm just curious...

Greetings all

Julius