POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Muic 4 (Final) : Re: Muic 4 (Final) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:13:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Muic 4 (Final)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 11 Apr 1999 04:47:59
Message: <371054DD.95376240@home.com>
Ken wrote:

> Thomas Lake wrote:
> >
> > Ok here is the real final image. Unfortunately there are still a few
> > small mistakes, but as you can see below because of the long render time
> > I don't fell like re-rendering the image just to fix them.
>
>   I do like the way this has developed and the work you have done with
> the store is exceptional.

Thanks!

> I have only one problem with this image and
> it has been mentioned by others as well. The saxaphone is not correctly
> modelled and this makes it stick out like a sore thumb. I am including
> a small image of a real alto saxophone. The other images of saxophones
> that I saw at the site where I ripped of this image show all saxaphones,
> be they alto, tenor or what ever have one thing in common and that is
> the basic outline and shape of the insturment. The overall sizes change
> depending on what type it is but the proportions remain the same
> regardless.
>
>   I know it seems to be nitpicking and I know how hard it is to model
> difficult shapes like this (remember the trumpet) but there is one
> thing that human perseption cannot be fooled by is an object that is
> not shaped like it should be. We may not be able to tell why it looks
> wrong to us but we know that something is not quite right when we see
> something that is incorrectly represented to us.
>
>  Then again artistic license can be a powerful excuse if you care to
> invoke it : )

This time I think I will invoke it.:-) I too noticed that the saxophone's
proportions where not quite right however I did not have the patience to go
back and redesign it again. Oh well off to my next image. I plan to play
around with Nathan Kopp's patched pov-ray 3.1e especially with photon mapping!