POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Landscape Macro - Demo (250k+, JPEG, 1024) : Re: Landscape Macro - Demo3 (2530k+, JPEG, 1024) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 13:12:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscape Macro - Demo3 (2530k+, JPEG, 1024)
From: Spider
Date: 11 Apr 1999 00:14:58
Message: <371012A6.9732F58D@bahnhof.se>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> I have little tolerance for parse. Something go wrong only by render
> time is the most aggravating.
I soooo much agree with you. therefore, it's even more frustrating when
it crashes..
> Hey, thought here, parse optimizations:
hehe, yeah.

> most spurious stuff parsed first, least last ;)
Well, that ain't easy... hmm, create the output boxes/mesh first, then
the height-data?? naaa...
Actually, all the functions have almost the same parse-time. the log is
a bit slower than the lin...

> Didn't mean to confuse about the pixelization comment. I should have
> added the word "illusion" and a smilie :)
ok

> From what I could see, if jaggies were present or not, I would not have
> noticed much judging by all the sharp contrasting small scale blacks and
> whites in there (land as well as water part).
oh.. ;-)
I'm doing a new render. it has worked for over 8 hours now. I just don't
seem to end rendering...