POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Music 3 (87k) : Re: Music 3 (87k) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:13:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music 3 (87k)
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 10 Apr 1999 13:37:46
Message: <370f7e5a.0@news.povray.org>
I seriously doubt the images are modified on the server in any way. They are
in plain text format, i.e. they are UUencoded. This increases file size, but
decoded images are identical to their originals.
I can only guess, but here's one possibility: you have Windows, you possibly
have a high-colour (16 bit) desktop and you view the downloaded image in
Netscape or OE. AFAIK, these programs don't dither images. Most dedicated
image viewers do. Undithered 16-bit images often exhibit colour banding. So
do some 24 bit images.

Margus