POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Realism Test : Re: Realism Test Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:11:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realism Test
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 10 Apr 1999 09:33:25
Message: <370f4515.0@news.povray.org>
For real realism, I suggest cylinders with bevelled/rounded edges. Some
scratches (ever so faint) would help too (that goes for all surfaces,
actually - especially the wood could use some roughening).
Even though it is quite possible to create totally polished and smooth
marble, stone and wood cylinders (with razor-sharp edges) and spheres in
reality, the illusion of photo-realism is much more believable if the
objects are *not* that perfect. Mind: They don't have to look weathered.
Just that little tiny touch of imperfection that is hardly visible to the
eye, but gets recognized subconciously.

Is the image supposed to be so dark? It looks a little bit washed-out into
the grey direction.
Also I don't get the bright globe at the top. I guess it is some kind of
lamp? Is it so blurry because of the focal blur or did you use media?

So long,
Johannes.