POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PCMHair test image : Re: PCMHair test image Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:11:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PCMHair test image
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 9 Apr 1999 22:31:18
Message: <370ea9e6.0@news.povray.org>
I would really like to know the object count and memory used.

The hair looks good. The self-shadowing of the hair is a problem, but damned
if I know how to overcome it in POV.
It's obvious that Chris's macro allows a far greater number of hairs than
mine. Being somewhat familiar with his method, I'm not surprised. I still
like to think that my macro allows greater control over the shape of the
hair (and isn't limited to meshes). But that's as may be.

Margus