POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Now that you are all awake... : Re: Now that you are all awake... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now that you are all awake...
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 9 Apr 1999 22:25:25
Message: <370ea885.0@news.povray.org>
I think for this you'd need to create a sphere far away, white and with a
high ambient value. Perhaps also shadowless, especially if there's a light
source behind or inside it.
Example:

sphere{<1000,15000,50000>,10
             pigment {rgb <1,1,1>}
             finish {ambient 1}
             no_shadow
             }

You would, of course, have to do quite a few test renders to position the
star correctly. But this is nothing new in POV.
As for keeping the text in place, I don't get it. Why should it move? If
you're satisfied with the position of the text and the camera, it's the star
object you'll have to move.

Margus