POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not always the same render results?? : Re: Not always the same render results?? Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:12:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not always the same render results??
From: Julius Klatte
Date: 9 Apr 1999 21:11:20
Message: <370e9728.0@news.povray.org>
In answer to your (pretty quick!) reactions:

>Did you use any #macros or looping runs (#if   #while,
etc.) ?
No. But that shouldn't influence the render result either...

>Maybe it's gremlins.
Hmmm... there's an interesting suggestion...
>What do you want for free ?
I'm not complaining!
>Have you checked for viruses lately?
Yes. I spoke to some of them yesterday. But they didn't tell
me: "Hey, we're not going to mess up your system, just the
tiny details of your POV images." Not that you can trust 'em
of course.
>Did someone turn on a blender or something while the image
was rendering ?
Well, the neighbours were having a fight...
>Seriously I haven't a clue. Sorry.
You're disappointing me... :)

>Is there any possibility that anti-aliasing uses a rand
function? Did you
>render this with AA on or off?
That was my first guess as well. I'm not sure if
anti-aliasing is random. I always thought it was a standard
per-pixel routine.
The image(s) I attached were with anti-aliasing, but I tried
another time with AA off and that sure made things
blockier..., but still there were slight variations in the
images.

I'm not really having any problem with the phenomenon, since
the effect is invisible for unzoomed rendered images, but it
just struck me as strange...

Thanks anyway

Julius