POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PCMHair test image : Re: PCMHair test image Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:13:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PCMHair test image
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 9 Apr 1999 21:04:40
Message: <370e9598.0@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
:  You should know better than to post a hit and run message like
: this. When people post new proceedures like this others want some
: basic information provided along with it.

  Sorry, it was just a very quick test with very bad parameters. I posted
a second try with a lot more better settings (I'm talking about the hair
macro settings).
  Most of the questions are answered there, but I'll try to answer those
which aren't:

: Where can I get a copy of this ?

  I don't think that the macro is publicly available yet. You have to ask
to Chris Colefax for more information.

: Was the macro easy to use or is it complicated ?

  The parameters may be a little tricky to understand, but after some
trial-error testing good values can be found. The example files of
course help a lot.

: How much pigment control does the process offer ?

  I haven't studied this part of the macro yet. I don't know what to
answer.

: Is this going to be leading edge technology or what ?

  Does the name "Chris Colefax" sound familiar to you?-)

: Are there limits as to what can be used as the base object ?

  It works with triangle meshes only. Perhaps in the future it will work
with bicubic patches too (the mesh compressor program supports them
already).

: Should I get my hair cut today or should I put it off until tomorrow ?

  I think that's up to you :)