POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Now that you are all awake... : Re: Now that you are all awake... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now that you are all awake...
From: Julius Klatte
Date: 9 Apr 1999 20:32:13
Message: <370e8dfd.0@news.povray.org>
>Now that I've had stirred you lets see if I can get an
answer to what is
>surely an annoyingly simple question.
<snip>
>Having created a text object standing on a plane with a
black background
>I aspired to produce a star in the sky - one star, not a
mass...
>How do I create ONE star in the sky, whilst keeping my text
object in
>place?
<snip>

How about not using a granite pattern on a sky sphere (isn't
that what the docs suggest?), but placing a sphere with a
high ambient value somewhere far away? Shouldn't be too
difficult, now that you've spent so much time reading docs
:)

Hope this is what you're looking for...

Julius