POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Jumping the moon : Re: Jumping the moon Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jumping the moon
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 6 Apr 1999 18:09:49
Message: <370d782d.104464463@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 6 Apr 1999 15:01:01 +0100, "Mick Hazelgrove"
<mha### [at] mindaswinternetcouk> wrote:

>We used to play this game when I was a kid only the hands were rocks!
>
>The rough water is two HF one textured for the wave tops the other the
>water. The result when you add reflection, transparency and normals is very
>complex and hard to predict. However this is as close as I've been or likely
>to get.
>
>Thanks Ken for the sugestion the wavetop HF is simply a hih contrast version
>of the first.
>
>I did momentarily consider using the trace command but the memory hit is
>ridiculous.
>
>If any one has any ideas on how to improve the shape of the foam please let
>me know...
>
>Mick

Love the concept.  Would I like it on my wall? On balance, yes, it would provide
a talking point for hours.  Sorry I can't help you with the execution. To
improve it, you probably need more hours work than can be justified.  I say
leave it and move on.  Next week, someone will have a macro/patch that will
allow you to transform it into a masterpiece - and you still have the original
idea, and the code

This business moves so fast, its a whizz, isn't it?
David
dav### [at] cwcomnet
http://www.hamiltonite.mcmail.com