POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sor bug : Re: sor bug Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sor bug
From: Ronald Lembcke
Date: 8 Apr 1999 05:51:32
Message: <370c6e14.0@news.povray.org>
> Looks to me like you have double-illumination in that second image, the
> hole is still there same as the first I think, just seeing the inside
> fully lit and giving the illusion of a semi-circle hole. Have you tried
Yes and no....
The hole you see has to do with the inside... it's shape is the same....
but you don't see the inside... look at the checker pattern.

I've attached the open image again, because I missplaced the ambient
statement ( the finish must be in the texture... when it's before the
texture it gets ignored)

You'll see that when it is open, there's a completelly different
pattern.

> another camera location or rotate the sor some?
> The first and last points are not actual surface points either, they are
> "pointers" to what the beginning and ending shape will be like.
Yes... I read that

> Check the Scene help file in POV Win 3.1 or DOC in earlier versions for
> a diagram of 'sor'.
I looked at the html version...
I've rendered the sordemo.pov from docdemos
and it's closed and doesn't look like the image in the doc.
I'll attach it, too.
I have to specify open to look like it should.

> You use 'open' to prevent closure but not using 'open' doesn't mean
> "close".
The povuser.txt says:

 The optional keyword open allows you to remove the caps on the
 SOR object. If you do this you shouldn't use it with CSG anymore
 because the results may be wrong.

so: when I don't use "open" there _are_ caps.

> To close one you need doubling up on the start and/or end point(s).
Maybe that might be a solution...
but there's still something wrong with it.

--
Ronald Lembcke
es1### [at] fenbaynetde

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sor2_open.gif' (15 KB) Download 'sordemo_c.gif' (6 KB)

Preview of image 'sor2_open.gif'
sor2_open.gif

Preview of image 'sordemo_c.gif'
sordemo_c.gif