POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray modification question : Re: POV-Ray modification question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray modification question
From: Ray Gardener
Date: 8 Apr 1999 02:17:59
Message: <370c3c07.0@news.povray.org>
>"WinPOV has the nicest GUI and latest builds", aha (???)...
>"only support the two or three [...] platforms", great idea (irony!)...

It is ironic, yes. But I think the idea behind
having stringent multi-platform support is not
so that all those platforms have the software,
but that if someone wants to do the port, it's
nice to know that they have that option at
any time, and that the process won't involve
major gnashing of teeth. It's more a question of keeping
the options open than of actual availability.

Ray