POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : parameter help please : Re: parameter help please Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: parameter help please
From: Tom Melly
Date: 7 Apr 1999 18:59:26
Message: <370bd53e.0@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote in message <370B8C72.B8F8F562@pacbell.net>...

> If I missed something or you need clarification on something I said
> feel free to bring it up I an I will try to explain it as best I
> can.
>
> Regards,
>
>--
>Ken Tyler

Many thanks.

no, you didn't miss anything except that i'm an idiot. I still don't use
declarations enough - either in intent or quantity. i just didn't think of
having the texture as a separate declaration.

My problem had one extra aspect, but your explanation has given me the
answer to that as well.

The problem was that I wanted to use the same object with the same texture
several times. However, I didn't want to re-declare the whole texture in the
object just to use it at a different scale, which was the only parameter
that changed, and only then in one instance.

However, by having the texture in a separate declaration, the re-setting of
scale becomes a comparatively short piece of extra code. I can presumably
use this in the main object declaration, and then forget about it until I
create the one instance of the object where the scale is different.

glad you're out of the cellar.