POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Announce: Update to Renderer Plugin : Re: Announce: Update to Renderer Plugin Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:26:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: Update to Renderer Plugin
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 7 Apr 1999 10:18:05
Message: <370b5b0d.0@news.povray.org>
Mathias Bachmann wrote in message <370b1cbc.0@news.povray.org>...
>Thanks for the animation-support!
>But for now, I don't get it to work on my NT-Machine:
>I get that silly "AnimPlugin couldn't be loaded, make sure any (blabla)" -
>message.
>
>I've tried the cleanest solution - to put both the MFC42.dll and the
>MSVCRT.dll in Windows/System32 (where the former versions of these DLLs
>reside on my machine), but NT refuses to overwrite them : "these dlls are
in
>use by windows" or similar.
>
>then I've added both the MFC42.dll and the MSVCRT.dll in the MORAY and in
>the plugins dir, but it doesnt help.
>
>probably Windows always trys to use the already loaded versions of the dlls
>in memory. I can't come around this. Is there anywhere an installer for
>these .dlls?
>In NT, I can't go to the dos prompt before loading windows, and copy the
>files there. I've restarted windows, holding [shift] to bypass all the
>autorun-entrys, but it didn't help: my MSVC-dlls are always in use.
>
>any sugestions?

You should be able to replace the MFC42.DLLs if you shut down all programs
that use it. This may include the Windows Explorer. Try this:

- Open a command-box
- close all applications, event those in the system tray (if you have any)
- open the TaskManager and go to its second page. Search for the
explorer.exe, select it and kill it.
- See if you can see any other programs in the process list that you might
need to kill.
- close the TaskManager
- Use the command-box to replace the DLLs
- Start the explorer again by typing "explorer<ENTER>" in the command-box

Hope it helps,
Johannes.