POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A sword (Yes, another) : Re: A sword (Yes, another) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:14:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A sword (Yes, another)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 6 Apr 1999 14:46:41
Message: <370a4881.0@news.povray.org>
Charles Krause wrote in message <370a0952.0@news.povray.org>...

>The image? Damn close in any case :) Best approximation of that style of
>blade I've seen I think :)

Thanks. I think the only way to do a katana blade accurately would
be to use something like sPatch to model it and uv-mapped material maps
to texture. If I need a highly detailed katana  (the pic was medium-low
detail)
I may play with the idea.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * ERROR: COFFEE.COM not found  *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Insert cup and press any key *
   My Software never has bugs, It just develops random features