POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Announce: Update to Renderer Plugin : Re: Announce: Update to Renderer Plugin Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: Update to Renderer Plugin
From: Lue Ebra
Date: 6 Apr 1999 11:15:34
Message: <370a1706.0@news.povray.org>
I just checked all of my DLL's, and after updating msvcrt.dll, I still get
this error:
The Plugin "MeshObj.dll" could not be loaded. Make sure any other DLL's the
plugin requires are present. Contact the author of the plugin if you are not
sure what the problem could be.

Any ideas?
Lue Ebra

Alexander Enzmann wrote in message <3708A916.A91C3C15@mitre.org>...
>Tim, Lue,
>

>As far as MeshObj.DLL goes.  It turns out that I removed the dependency
>on MSVCP60.DLL from the animation plugin (and polyray2), but didn't do
>it for MeshObj.  I've uploaded a newer version that uses the SGI
>Standard Template Library, removing the dependency on MSVCP60.  It is
>also available from http://pages.hotbot.com/arts/are/index.html
>
>Obviously I'd like to figure out just how to get the load problems
>resolved.  I managed to get rid of the dependency on MSVCP50.DLL that
>the earlier plugin required (use SGI's STL rather than MS's).  But now
>that I've jumped a version of MS' C++ compiler over Lutz, there seem to
>be new problems.
>
>In a separate message, Tim said he had gone to pretty extensive lengths
>to update MFC42.DLL.  At this point I'll make a guess that there are
>other compatability problems, but would request your indulgence in
>checking some dates/version numbers.
>
>In my main Moray directory, I have the following DLL's:
>
>Name              Date       Version
>MFC42.DLL       9/26/98      6.00.8267.0
>MorayCtrl.DLL  12/22/98      1.30
>MSVCRT.DLL      1/22/97      5.00.7022
>MSVCRT20.DLL    7/11/95      2.11.000
>Polyray2.DLL    4/ 2/99      N/A
>
>[Version numbers can be found by looking at properties from windows
>explorer.]
>
>In \Windows\System, I have a newer version of the C runtime dll:
>
>MSVCRT.DLL     1/ 5/99       6.00.8337.0
>
>I've made the runtime library available at
>http://pages.hotbot.com/arts/are/index.html - give it a try...
>
>Xander
>
>Lue Ebra wrote:
>>
>> Same problem here.. not on one, not two, but 5 different machines..
>>
>> Tim Riley wrote in message <370504BE.34765AC0@its.bldrdoc.gov>...

>> >--
>> >
>> >Has anyone had any problems getting the mesh importer plug-in to load?
When
>> >I fire up Moray, I get the error message:
>> >
>> >"The Plugin 'MeshObj.dll' could not be loaded. Make sure any other DLLs
the
>> >plugin requires are present. Contact the author of the plugin if you're
not
>> >sure what the problem could be."
>> >
>> >As a result, the mesh option does not show up under the Import menu.
Moray
>> >works okay otherwise, but when I exit the program on my machine with
Norton