POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Realism Test : Re: Realism Test Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realism Test
From: Ken
Date: 10 Apr 1999 21:06:49
Message: <370FE61E.8C470044@pacbell.net>
Chris Maryan wrote:

> BTW: Anyone know why the background is patchy in the attached .png? It
> seems to happen very often in my images.

I have never seen that behaviour before in 4 years of using the program.
I also have not used the .png file output option and it might be related
to that. Another possibility is with all of the default setting that moray
has a tendancy to set for you. I use the standard pov defaults except
in very rare cases as they keep consistancy from scene to scene.

  I would like to try rendering your code and see if it manifests itself
on my system with tga output. If you provide the rest of the scene file
you used such as camera and lighting I will check to see if I can reproduce
it and will get back to you with the results. Also If you have moray created
ini file I would like to see what's in that as well.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net