POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : music - guitar : Re: music - guitar Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:11:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: music - guitar
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 10 Apr 1999 20:08:36
Message: <370FD9CF.FE49ED48@aol.com>
Hey Noam, I've got an old KORG Poly-800, I only had piano lessons from
my grandmother as a kid though. I just like synthesizers.
One of my brother-in-laws has made a CD of their band Bop Cops, a jazz
group in Seattle. They played at some "Alley" place downtown, forget the
name now, one time I was visiting there a few years ago. He also played
in a band at the Seattle Center another time when I was there more
recently. Some kind of "swing" music revival among the teens going on.
I'm not exactly what you'd call music literate though, in fact more the
side of illiterate. Can't read sheet music at all.

Oh, yeah... the guitar looks great, Fabien. A real good one is at the
AOL POV-Ray scene file library, from the version 2 days. It's real neat
but lacks the rounded edges for the body if I remember right. Looks like
you might want to add some lacquer to that finish though. A bit of
reflectivity and specular hilight. There's one or two strange lines in
that too. Is it CSG? Wondered how you got the rounded edges in yours.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe