POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : music - guitar : Re: music - guitar Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: music - guitar
From: Dylan Beattie
Date: 10 Apr 1999 19:44:33
Message: <370FD347.5B53B414@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Fabien Mosen wrote:

> BTW, Spider said he plays saxophone, are there any other musician
> Povers around here ?  Personally, I play guitar and electric bass.

Guitar, bass, keyboards, drums and harmonica, and (allegedly) singing
when I'm drunk... :) Used to know my way round a studio as well, many
years ago.

I just spent several hours trying to model my main guitar - a gorgeous
black gold Ibanez - and it's, um, a bit tricky The hardware and neck are
alright, but the body's been hand-carved until there's hardly a flat
surface or sharp corner left on it... Fabien, how did you get the nice
curved chamfer around the top of the guitar body? It looks like a CSG
union using cylinders and tori, but I'd be curious to know how it's
done.

Cheers,

D.

Dylan Beattie          dmb### [at] ecssotonacuknospam
Pt II Computer Science,    University of Southampton
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~dmb197/     ICQ:34865704