POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : music - guitar : Re: music - guitar Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:11:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: music - guitar
From: Ken
Date: 10 Apr 1999 19:30:48
Message: <370FCFA2.87804C45@pacbell.net>
Noam Lewis wrote:

> I'm a pianist/composer, any time i get a synthesizer i'll play it...

  Same here except I own a conventional piano and have been playing for
32 years now. I have also spent some time with the accordion (borrowed
for a year), owned and played a full dual keyboard church type organ
for a while, played alto sax two years in high school, messed with the
harmonica on occasion (own two types), fiddle around sometimes with an
acoustic guitar that I own, and I am pretty adept at picking up just
about any kind of musical instrument and figuring out how to play at
least a simple melody in a reasonably short time. Often the last at
the great surprise of the owner of the instrament.
  I consider myself a poor musician in most regards although I have a
great natural sense of musical structure and pitch perfect perception.
My self described musician skills are probably discipline related more
than lack of anything else. Just never took the time to learn it all the
way I should have.

  I play Pov now perhaps the best of all those mentioned.

--
Ken Tyler
mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net