POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Music 3 (87k) : Re: Music 3 (87k) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music 3 (87k)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 10 Apr 1999 02:10:28
Message: <370EDE75.9D3D30C5@home.com>
Ken wrote:

> What program are you using to convert the image to jpg ?

Ulead JPEG smart saver. I'm running it as a plugin out of Photoshop.

> I have noticed
> with PSP that if you convert from .tga to .jpg you will not see any
> artifacts in the image until you close the .jpg file and then reload
> it. Why it behaves like this is a mystery (I suspect the save in buffer
> feature ?) but it is something I practice to make sure that what I think
> I see is what it really is.

Yes I know of this odd problem in PSP, same in photoshop, I think your right about
it being because of the image being in a memory buffer. However that is not the
problem. The image looks fine even after I reload it, even if I reload it in another
program. It only seems to happen when I post the image.