POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Music 3 (87k) : Re: Music 3 (87k) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:11:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music 3 (87k)
From: Ken
Date: 10 Apr 1999 01:45:51
Message: <370ED627.5BF162C2@pacbell.net>
Thomas Lake wrote:

> I have one problem with the image that maybe someone can help me with? Well
> actually it isn't with the image rather the posting of it. When I compressed
> it on my HD I used a setting of around 10%, 90% quality. This looked fine when
> I viewed it on my HD but at soon as I saw the posting I noticed a ton of JPEG
> artifacts particularly the circles on the back wall around the light. Is this
> just my version of netscape, a setting in it, or do other people see this?

What program are you using to convert the image to jpg ? I have noticed
with PSP that if you convert from .tga to .jpg you will not see any
artifacts in the image until you close the .jpg file and then reload
it. Why it behaves like this is a mystery (I suspect the save in buffer
feature ?) but it is something I practice to make sure that what I think
I see is what it really is.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net