POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Landscape Macro - Demo (250k+, JPEG, 1024) : Re: Landscape Macro - Demo3 (2530k+, JPEG, 1024) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:11:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscape Macro - Demo3 (2530k+, JPEG, 1024)
From: Spider
Date: 10 Apr 1999 02:43:33
Message: <370EAB66.2F4E0112@bahnhof.se>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> For little ol' me? Oh thankyou Spider!
*gracious bow*
> Okay, I'm over it. That tree... what happened to it?! The leaves are
> lost in a grean and gray murkyness.
Well, I did as adviced and lowered the fog_alt, but in the test renders (12
boxes, no trees) It turned out to thin so I had to decrease the distance... that
is what happened to it.. :-/

> And your poor water got baffled by all those tiny squares as well.
Yeah... It really was a hell to render, I'd guess(I was by the Tv :-)

> You may have stumbled upon something good though, no "jaggies" could be
> found in all that black and white "pixelation" of both the water AND the
> land too.
Now here is something you'd have to explain more. I don't understand what you
mean.

> You really shouldn't have re-rendered at the cost of such a massive
> parse.
hehe, I had never done this before, so I thought, Whatta heck and did. and once
it had passed an hour, I thought I had done so much already, so I could let it
finish ...

> And heck, I thought you had more RAM than that (128 at least),
> 64MB is what I'm working with too.
Yeah, I had 96 a while ago.... bbut I had to give the 32 back ... :-/

> What a parse to render ratio. Wow.
yea... hehe. I think you understand why I'm pretty fed up with the fwrite
crashes .-)