POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Music : Re: Music Server Time
4 Oct 2024 13:12:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music
From: Ken
Date: 9 Apr 1999 20:53:42
Message: <370E91BA.DB2963DC@pacbell.net>
Steve wrote:

> I used to play the Clarinet and am English, but don't know the
> names of any of the parts that you mentioned either, and the
> clarinet has those parts too.
>
> Cheers
> Steve
>
> PS: Maybe that cork bit and the bit that rests on your thumb
> don't have names.

 I'm not sure what you guy's are refering to in regards to the "thumb"
part but I suspect you are referring to the finger rests (trumpet talk}.
Thumb rest for sax talk ? The cork is simply referred to as a gasket or
mouth piece gasket. Other parts a finger or thumb might come in contact
with are valve levers, valve buttons, and spit valve release levers.
On the end of the sax it is referred to as the bell and not that horn
shaped thingy at the end of that curvy part.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net