POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : saving pov pics : Re: saving pov pics Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: saving pov pics
From: Spider
Date: 9 Apr 1999 20:31:56
Message: <370E8CF7.EF38156@bahnhof.se>
I decided to jump into this flame.

<snipping opinions>
> Povray is obviously great - but why on earth save files in a manner not
> consistent with this era?
Wheee!!!
Come on... This era, in what ??
This program is a multi-platform, and yes, it does outpput like I expect. Just
like any compiler would. Filename.pov becomes Filename.<extension>

Now, this is easy to reglate, just like any other well written program you can
default it to output into another directory, or another filename.
For your help. +o Switch, and in the wonderful helpfiles, output ....

Simple, isn't it ?

> The povray help files are very detailed - but not simple or exampled
> enough for a non tech person. Only a novice could identify this. Is it a
> crime to criticise this fault - I think not.
Ok, there is an examples dir that explains the use of both INI files and the POV
language, this would be a great place to start.

> But back to the original question....
> wanting to know how to save your files is obviously going to be the most
> asked question - yet it is not answered simply and directly anywhere
> that I have seen.
> Nor, in my opinion, was it adequately answered in your faq's - that's
> why I felt a should jump in.
RTFM

I'm sorry for my rough tone, I may be the one on this group with the least
patience, I know this and post anyway.

Well, hope it is what you are after.

--
//Spider