POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Now that you are all awake... : Now that you are all awake... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Now that you are all awake...
From: ET
Date: 9 Apr 1999 19:49:11
Message: <370E8415.1B5F87F2@primus.com.au>
Now that I've had stirred you lets see if I can get an answer to what is
surely an annoyingly simple question.

But, just for the record, as marvelous as Povray may be - and it seems
as thought if might be fun - the developers of it clearly suffer from
the same disease most others suffer from - they can produce a great
program, but why on earth cant they produce a clear, simple how to use
file!?!?!?!
And therein lies the source of greatest annoyance...

Having created a text object standing on a plane with a black background
I aspired to produce a star in the sky - one star, not a mass...
And, of course, the help files refer to stars but not how to create one
(unless I am blind - this is possible, stupidity and blindness often go
hand in hand).
I also following many resource links including finding many starry
efforts - but no instructions, no one star.
My abortive efforts at trying to strangle reason out of the stars.inc
stuff only succeeded in getting the camera to look at one star - but
through the legs of the letters of my text!

How do I create ONE star in the sky, whilst keeping my text object in
place?

Obviously head spinningly simple - but I'm stuffed if I can figure it
out!!!
All responses gratefully welcomed.

Regards,
Eero Tarik
Adelaide
South Australia.........max24C..........sunny.............