POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : saving pov pics : Re: saving pov pics Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: saving pov pics
From: ET
Date: 9 Apr 1999 19:36:57
Message: <370E8137.64CCE6A8@primus.com.au>
G'day Ken,
yes it may be that you and others spent a great deal of time putting
together such faq's etc, and no doubt your intentions are honourable and
your efforts laudable -
but this is a problem common to most programs and those who are literate
in the program...
 a person technically advanced in a particular subject is not
necessarily the best at explaining it simply.
I did go to your faq link and whilst a lot of work has obviously gone
into it, and I'm sure I'll get a lot of benefit from looking at  it -
the faq's did come across a little opinionated, and in relation to the
persons original question yesterday about saving pics  - the faq's did
not adequately or simply answer the question.

Povray is obviously great - but why on earth save files in a manner not
consistent with this era?
The povray help files are very detailed - but not simple or exampled
enough for a non tech person. Only a novice could identify this. Is it a
crime to criticise this fault - I think not.

But back to the original question....
wanting to know how to save your files is obviously going to be the most
asked question - yet it is not answered simply and directly anywhere
that I have seen.
Nor, in my opinion, was it adequately answered in your faq's - that's
why I felt a should jump in.

Anyhow,
keep up the good work...

regards,