POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Landscape Macro - Demo (250k+, JPEG, 1024) : Re: Landscape Macro - Demo3 (2530k+, JPEG, 1024) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:12:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscape Macro - Demo3 (2530k+, JPEG, 1024)
From: Spider
Date: 9 Apr 1999 17:30:19
Message: <370E6266.600DC3B5@bahnhof.se>
Uncle Ken transmitted :
> Greetings Spider Man,
Salutations to you Uncle Ken.

>   Pretty cool looking stuff dude.
Thanks :-)
> I haven't looked at the source yet but
> I am curious as to wether you are storing your data inside of arrays.
Hmm, I store the actual data in arrays, yes.
but the problem is when writing out data.... :-/

> I understand this can help a lot where memory effeciency is an issue.
yes, since it would allocate all the memory at once and don't change it in
between, yes.

> Also concerning your problems with the stack overhead. I was reading
> through the section in the docs concerning adc bail out, max trace levels,
> and max intersections. In each area of discussion there was mention of
> the stacks use in the program and may give you some insight as to how
> you might change these global settings or program your code around their
> limitations (or process attributes depending on your point of view).
I'll look into it, but I don't think they will solve this problem, the problem
isn't when handling the data, but when writing to a file, and I don't know why.

> Cheers,
The same :-)

--
//Spider