POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Landscape Macro - Demo (250k+, JPEG, 1024) : Re: Landscape Macro - Demo3 (2530k+, JPEG, 1024) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:11:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscape Macro - Demo3 (2530k+, JPEG, 1024)
From: Ken
Date: 9 Apr 1999 17:01:45
Message: <370E5B60.2B6024E6@pacbell.net>
Spider wrote:

> Here you go Bob. A new one,
> no chess-pieces in this, and the bush ended up underwater...
> Sorry, but I don't feel like doing another render at the moment.
> it took 1h 20m  to parse it, and even more to render.
>
> I really hope you see the difference now :-)
> Actually, its the same landscape, but with approx 100 000 points calculated,
> instead of 2500. (316x316 versus 50x50 grids)
>
> and the number of boxes equals the number of points...
>
> While parsing(The output takes memory), my swap file grew to 115 Mb, together
> with my 64Mb ram, that's telling.
> :-)

Greetings Spider Man,

  Pretty cool looking stuff dude. I haven't looked at the source yet but
I am curious as to wether you are storing your data inside of arrays.
I understand this can help a lot where memory effeciency is an issue.
Also concerning your problems with the stack overhead. I was reading
through the section in the docs concerning adc bail out, max trace levels,
and max intersections. In each area of discussion there was mention of
the stacks use in the program and may give you some insight as to how
you might change these global settings or program your code around their
limitations (or process attributes depending on your point of view).

Cheers,

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net