POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : saving pov pics : Re: saving pov pics Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: saving pov pics
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 9 Apr 1999 14:05:20
Message: <370E332E.5678D7D9@aol.com>
Don't get riled up now guys ;}
A side note about the POV-Ray saves, just to remind some and let others
know, the GIF file format is a license-only format and cannot be
expected to be output (however input is okay) by a "free" program (is
this in the VFAQ?). JPG was incorporated partially by Andreas Dilger in
a unofficial POV-Ray 2.2 compile. It writes output to the jpeg format
yet does not work for anything else but image_map internally. Think
because of the lossy compression is one of the reasons it didn't make a
whole lot of sense for official POV-Ray to be using such a "unclean"
format anyway.
Here's the URL link to jpegpov for the curious:

 http://www-mddsp.enel.ucalgary.ca/People/adilger/povray/jpegpv.html

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe