POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Music : Re: Music Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:10:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music
From: Spider
Date: 9 Apr 1999 16:34:52
Message: <370DE391.FC05FDBE@bahnhof.se>
Ok, I'll pick up the image and commpare to my sax.

First, I don't know what sort of saxophone you are trying to build here, but I
assume it is and alto (compared to the viola and the horn)

1)
at the bottom, it feels very "cruched" or something, not the smoothness (may be
the light/shadows)
2)
There is a *cursing his bad english* "thing" for the thumb that should be
visible.
3)
A cork piece where the *cursing his bad english* (don't know the english name)
mouthpiece(?) is connected to the sax.
4)
Too wide angle at the end.
5)
Pull the end upwards a bit. it goes to about 1/2 the instruments lenghth
6)
Put it closer to the sax as well
7)
No way to control the instrument. Finger placing is where?
8)
I don't have a way to show you the delicate linage of the controlling parts.
sorry.

Thomas Lake wrote:

> Spider wrote:
>
> > Let me say this.. I play the saxophone, and that instrument you have there looks
> > good, if it is further from the camera... same goes for that horn...
> > the level of detail is too bad(My opinion)
>
> What do you mean by this? First I don't play any musical instruments so there are
bound
> to be a few mistakes that a person who is aquatinted with the instrument will pick
up
> but I thought that I modeled quite accurate instruments. Perhaps if you could tell
me
> exactly what is missing? I'm not finished so I will be adding more things to the
Music