POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : jumping the moon take 2 : Re: jumping the moon take 2 Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:11:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: jumping the moon take 2
From: Ken
Date: 9 Apr 1999 05:51:43
Message: <370DBE6B.B3019963@pacbell.net>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

> BTW anyone know any good sites that might help with the making of the wave
> HFs...there I've given it away Ken!
>
> All the best
>
> Mick

    I have been looking at the incredible number of photo shop effects
 plug-ins. I think there is a lot of possibilities available by using
 these with simple gradient grayscale images. The majority of the
 plug-ins are compatible with versions of PSP v4.0 and latter as well
 as the other bigboy high priced image processing programs out there.
 I would post a couple links to free plugin pages but you could do
 better by using "plugins" or "photoshop plugins" as a search identifier
 on yahoo's search engine. I got more hits that I cared to wade through
 that way.

   I have had some preliminry sucesses using a couple of the plugins
 for a different application I was working on. The trick is having a
 good base image to start with. I found a pov gernerated grayscale
 gradient on a plane one of the better starting places. Use no light
 sources and depend entirely on the ambient modifier in the finish
 statement. If you use lights and a diffuse surface to illuminate the
 pigment you end up with sharp spikes in the color pattern that are
 difficult to remove afterward.

   Something to consider anyway.

--
Ken Tyler