POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Randomization! Please! : Re: Randomization! Please! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Randomization! Please!
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 8 Apr 1999 18:52:38
Message: <370D2527.B7BDD6D9@istar.ca>
Ken wrote:

> Simon de Vet wrote:
> >
> > Ken wrote:
> >
> > > Which is exactly what #while can do for you in a very small amount
> > >  of code.
> >
> > Which would kind of defeat the purpose of having a Modeller....
>
>   Not altogether true. The modeller is still needed to create the object.
> It can also aid in the initial placement of the object in 3D space
> before the beginning of the loop as well as establish the number of
> iterations of the object that are needed for the length of the path it's
> to be copied along. This would certainly save a lot of preprocessing
> steps required if hand coding the same function into a pov scene.

ok, ok... I give in...

I'll just learn the code, then.

As of now, I do use the code for some scene work. I often have used Moray to
place objects, then animated them in POV. Similarly to using the various
incs, like Galaxy, and the Lens Flare (still like Colefax's better than the
plugin)

I should just learn more. However, I don't want to start coding all my scenes
in straight code.. I tihnk that would lead to mroe frustration, and less
progress...