POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray modification question : Re: POV-Ray modification question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray modification question
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 8 Apr 1999 10:40:30
Message: <370CB110.B5DFBDDC@Kopp.com>
Ron Parker wrote:

> Okay, so I have this binary file with lots of different formats in it.
> I've just allocated a block of memory and read the appropriate code
> into it, relocated addresses where necessary, and i'm ready to run it.
> Now where did I put that library routine that lets me mark a data page
> (or pages) as executable?  I mean, I know how to do it under WinNT, but
> that's a Win32 API call.  I'm looking for something cross-platform.

Ok, so there are a lot of issues to be worked out.  But I don't think it
would be impossible (just difficult maybe).

But if marking the code to be executable is the only non-cross-platform
thing, then I think that would be acceptable.  Unfortunately, I think
that there will be more complicated issues.

-Nathan