POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sor bug : Re: sor bug Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sor bug
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 8 Apr 1999 03:29:08
Message: <370C4C8E.2D745DE5@aol.com>
Looks to me like you have double-illumination in that second image, the
hole is still there same as the first I think, just seeing the inside
fully lit and giving the illusion of a semi-circle hole. Have you tried
another camera location or rotate the sor some?
The first and last points are not actual surface points either, they are
"pointers" to what the beginning and ending shape will be like.
Check the Scene help file in POV Win 3.1 or DOC in earlier versions for
a diagram of 'sor'.
You use 'open' to prevent closure but not using 'open' doesn't mean
"close".
To close one you need doubling up on the start and/or end point(s).

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe